In the event that you inherit or otherwise become the owner of a deceased family member's Paxos account, rest assured that Paxos has created a process to transfer the assets in the easiest manner possible. The best thing to do is contact us to make us aware of the situation. One of our team members will work with you throughout the process.
How to contact us
- Go to our contact form
- Input your personal email address
- If you personally do not have a Paxos registered account, select "No"
- Select "Account Login/Onboarding" under Ticket Category
- Select "Account Login / Onboarding - Other" under "Account Login / Onboarding - Ticket Type"
- Use Subject "Access to Deceased Family Member's Paxos Account"
- Add any other relevant information in the "Description" field.
What we'll ask for
When you contact us, we will ask for the following documents:
- Death Certificate
- Last Will and Testament - AND/OR - Probate Documents (either Probate, Letters Testamentary, Letters of Administration, Affidavit for Collection or Small Estate Affidavit)
- Current, valid government-issued photo identification of the person(s) named in the Letters Issued
- Power of Attorney
- Proof of Relationship
If any documents are missing, please let us know, so we can assist you. If you are unfamiliar with Paxos or digital currency in general, we would like to assure you that our support staff is standing by. We will answer any questions you may have and walk you through the process.
Please keep in mind that the required documentation and processes may differ depending on your region, residence, and individual situation. If we need additional information, we will request it in our response.