What is required for identification verification?
We require a photo of your passport, national identity card or driver’s license as well as a real-time selfie photo with you holding your ID as part of our verification process.
Why must I verify my identity?
Pursuant to Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act and its implementing regulations, Paxos has developed and implemented a Customer Identification Program that establishes procedures for verifying the identity of each customer that opens a new account.
As part of the Minimum Identifying Information requirement, Paxos will obtain the following information from each customer prior to opening an account for such customer:
- Date of birth for individuals
- Identification number
Will Paxos use my personal information?
ID Verification Troubleshooting
If you face any errors or issues during the ID upload process or receive a ‘There’s an issue with your application’ error when logging in, please check and attempt with the below steps.
- Check for emails sent by Paxos for you to re-try your ID verification process
- Use a different browser or device (phone or computer) when uploading your identification documents
- Ensure you are in a well lit environment when taking pictures of your identification documents
- Make sure all four corners of your ID document are visible in the uploaded photo.
- The text on the ID document is clear and legible in the photo.
If you are still facing the same issues, please submit a support ticket with the subject ‘ID verification issue’.
- Paxos is required to validate applicants' identities through a rigorous screening process. Your application may be rejected for a variety of reasons including but not limited to your residence or citizenship in an unsupported country or state
- Please ensure that the name on your ID exactly matches the name on your Paxos account. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application. In such cases, please create a new account with a separate email address with information matching your provided ID