The over-the-counter (OTC) trading desk can arrange for the purchase and sale of digital assets. Paxos is an agency block trading business and does not trade against our counter-parties. We request quotes from other participants and liquidity venues and show you the best price that we see in the market.
* Please keep in mind that OTC trade pricing will vary from exchange pricing dependent on liquidity access and order size.
To get started with OTC you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a verified Paxos account. New individual and institutional users sign up here.
- Pre-fund your account with USD (to buy) or the digital asset (to sell).
If you meet the above requirements and would like to get started, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the below format:
Subject: OTC Trade
- Paxos registered email address
- Asset you’d like to buy or sell
- Amount you’d like to buy or sell
If you have any further questions about the OTC process before getting started, you can contact our customer support team here or continue reading for answers to frequently asked questions.
**Responses to incoming OTC requests will be prioritized to those with a verified and pre-funded Paxos account
OTC Trade Limits, Fees & Supported Assets:
- Our minimum trade size for OTC requests are $100,000 USD notional value
- The fee is 10 basis points (.1%) on the notional value of the trade
- Paxos will only support trades in the following currencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, XLM, AAVE, MATIC, UNI, and LINK.
OTC Trade & Settlement Summary
- Contact our OTC Desk with orders via email or Telegram
- The OTC trader will request quotes from liquidity venues and show you the best bid and / or offer in the market
- Once you have agreed on the trade price, the trade will be booked and finalized
- Paxos will then send a confirmation email to your Paxos registered email with detailed settlement instructions
- You will be required to confirm the email and follow the settlement instructions in order to complete settlement of the trade
***Most trades settle on the same business day as they were booked. Trades confirmed close to end of business may settle the following business day.