Paxos prohibits certain types of business activity ("Prohibited Businesses") in accordance with its Compliance policies. The following nonexhaustive list is representative of the type of activity that Paxos prohibits on its platform. By opening a Paxos Account, Paxos customers agree not to use Paxos services in connection with any of the following Prohibited Businesses.
If you are unsure whether your use of Paxos involves a Prohibited Business, or if you have questions about how these criteria relate to you, please visit our Help Center at https://help.paxos.com/hc/en-us.
- Unregulated financial businesses / money services businesses (MSBs) operating in jurisdictions where regulation is required: Unlicensed money transmitters, digital currency transmitters; currency or digital currency exchanges or dealers
- Unlicensed gambling facilitators operating in jurisdictions where gambling is licensed or any gambling facilitators operating in jurisdictions where gambling is illegal
- Weapons / Arms Industry: Weapons and munitions; gunpowder and other explosives
- Illicit drugs / Drug paraphernalia: Sale of narcotics, controlled substances, and any equipment designed for making or using drugs, such as bongs, vaporizers, and hookahs
- Adult Entertainment / Pornography (legal and illegal establishments): Pornography and other obscene items (including literature, imagery, and other media); sites that provide sexually associated services such as prostitution, escorts, pay-per-view, and adult live chat features.
- Ransomware Facilitators: Facilitators include Digital Forensic Incident Response Firms (DFIRs) and Cyber Insurance Companies (CICs)